|Posted by Gilda Fisher on August 26, 2015 at 4:10 PM|
Besides the beach and nightclubs, there are many special events that you
can enjoy during your visit to Puerto Rico.Check
out the following:
* Casals Festival from February to March at the Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferre. The Casals Festival is a renowned international classical music festival founded in 1956 by the legendary cellist, director and composer, Pablo Casals. This festival annually brings the most outstanding musical talent of the world including symphonic orchestras, chamber groups, guest conductors and soloists to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
* St. John the Baptist Celebration, week-long festivities, including religious processions, music, dancing, games and beach bonfire parties. At midnight on June 24th, relers walk backward into the ocean or nearest body of water three or seven times to ward off evil spirits and renew good luck for the coming year.
* The Le Lo Lai Festival in San Juan, from bomba to salsa, the weekly musical shows are enjoyed by both visitors and islanders. Time and Place: Tuesdays at 6pm at Fort San Cristobal. Sundays at 5pm at the Ballaja Barricks (Caurtel de Ballaja) which is across the street from El Morro.
* Festival La Casita - Year round. Live music and dance shows take place at Darsenas Plaza next to La Casita Tourism Information Center every Saturday after 6 and every Sunday after 7. Not only do musicians entertain the crowds, but dance groups stun the public with magnificent performances.
* San Sebastian Festival in Old San San Juan, every year during the third week in January. Live music and sound systems gear up to provide a party in which young and old gyrate to salsa, merengue and Puerto Rican classic tunes.
* Club Brava - the hottest night club in San Juan can be found at the El San Juan Hotel & Casino, next door to ESJ Towers.
Heineken Jazzfest, March 24 to 27, 2016. The annual Puerto Rico Heineken Jazzfest
brings together some of the biggest names in Latin jazz at the Tito Puente
Amphitheater in San Juan. Puerto Rico is a hotbed of salsa and merengue in the
island's rich musical culture. Website: prheinekenjazz.com/.
For ticket information visit:
Categories: SAN JUAN ENTERTAINMENT